Hello! My name is a little different...

Hello!
 My name is Stacia (Stay-Sha) and people think I'm weird for wanting to be a librarian. I attended Siena Heights University for the last four years and worked behind the desk in the library during that time (warmly being known as 'that library girl'). Everyone thought I was going to become a famous singer or go save the world full time, not only during the summer, but alas, the joke's on them. I've been learning that I love kiddo's in any age group so I decided to mix a couple of my passions into a job which was handily already made up; Youth Services Librarian.
For the past two years I have run youth mission trips in Joplin, Missouri and Lorain County, Ohio. These moments have changed me greatly but they have also opened up a vast doorway of possibility and learning. I have met beautiful friends and people I now call family but I have also had the task of understanding that people (namely people ages 12-20) have different learning styles, something I am excited and proud to dive into with this graduate degree as well as when I work in my own library some day. My goal for the future is to open a safe youth space in an impoverished community so that teens (mostly) will want to integrate into the library again because learning is FUN! I am so excited and highly blessed to see where these next two years will lead!

Comments

  1. Hey, you can save the world as a librarian, don't you doubt it.

    Your work at a youth mission sounds absolutely fascinating, and wonderful experience for an up and coming youth librarian. I really admire the patience it must take to work with that age group and the desire to continue doing so. Libraries are an amazing space for kids to explore themselves and books (perhaps themselves in books, through other characters -- that's what I grew up doing). Isn't it great when you discover your ideal role has a formal title? I'm excited to see what else you do in this program, and how you use these experiences to frame your experience as a librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you can save the world as a librarian, don't you doubt it.

    Your work at a youth mission sounds absolutely fascinating, and wonderful experience for an up and coming youth librarian. I really admire the patience it must take to work with that age group and the desire to continue doing so. Libraries are an amazing space for kids to explore themselves and books (perhaps themselves in books, through other characters -- that's what I grew up doing). Isn't it great when you discover your ideal role has a formal title? I'm excited to see what else you do in this program, and how you use these experiences to frame your experience as a librarian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6

Blog post #1 643 INTRO!!

Blog post 2; remote class